People often ask why I tend to get so little sleep. (or rather, nag me that I don’t get enough)
Well, I’ll tell you: the sooner you fall asleep, the sooner you have to wake up.
Now, I know that this isn’t actually the case, but it might as well be. For all your conscious mind knows, the second you fall asleep, it’s morning and you’re being forced out of the comfort of your covers and into the routine day. (As much as I’m known for being one who doesn’t like change, I don’t really like routine much either.) So I’d rather stay awake and cherish the part of my day that’s filled with unobligated me time. I hate when I’m looking forward to my nighttime, trying to decide how I should use my time - read, watch TV shows, write, hot tub, etc. - and really all I end up doing is falling asleep rather on the early side. It's really a battle, now that I think about it, of mind versus body, of will versus nature.
My mother has insomnia, but I seem to be quite opposite of that: I fall asleep perhaps a little too easily - in any lighting at all, on any cushiony-type sitting place.. People bug me about that too, though I don't mind sleeping that way.
I think it's also that I fear the realm of dreams just a little bit, just enough to make me un-eager to arrive there.. The subconscious mind is a peculiar thing. I think I’ll go watch some TV Christmas specials online now, and hope I don't drift into slumberland too soon.
My mother has insomnia, but I seem to be quite opposite of that: I fall asleep perhaps a little too easily - in any lighting at all, on any cushiony-type sitting place.. People bug me about that too, though I don't mind sleeping that way.
I think it's also that I fear the realm of dreams just a little bit, just enough to make me un-eager to arrive there.. The subconscious mind is a peculiar thing. I think I’ll go watch some TV Christmas specials online now, and hope I don't drift into slumberland too soon.

You may think that your narcolepsy has now been justified, but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop trying to pull you off the couch and into bed at 2 AM. ;)
ReplyDelete-BB